The Club started in 1924 when a group of European Farmers requested the government for 110 acres to build the Club House and the Golf Course which was granted. The Nine hole golf course was completed in 1932 by Mr. A.Q. Roberts. The government also gave more land to the Club in the same year for the additional nine holes to complete the eighteen hole course, but the construction was abandoned during the outbreak of the Second World War between the year 1939 to 1947.
After the Second World War in 1949, all the browns were converted to the Greens in 1950. The Club then received full funding for the successful construction of the long awaited second nine holes from the then Duke of Manchester Mr. Oswald Bentley and Mr. A.O.C. Marshall to its current International Standard, the only Golf course of its kind within Lake Victoria and the Western Rift Valley region.